To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members, we kindly ask you to obey our policies and guidelines while inside the YMCA facility. All rules and regulations are strictly enforced; failure to comply will result in a termination of membership.
|Monday-Friday||6:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
|*Basketball Court closes 30 minutes before facility closes.|
|*Pool Closes at 7:30pm M-F and 2pm Saturday.|
The YMCA of Salem County will be closed on the following Holidays:
- Good Friday
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve (Closing Early)
- New Year’s Day
Accidents and Injuries
The majority of YMCA staff members are CPR and First Aid certified. Any accidents or injuries should be reported immediately to a Y staff person.
Alcohol and Drugs are strictly prohibited on YMCA of Salem County property. Anyone suspected of being under the influence or found in possession of these substances will be asked to leave the facility.
Workout clothes (athletic shorts, t-shirts, sweats or leotards) and appropriate footwear are recommended in most facility areas. Street shoes are not allowed on wood floors or in pool areas.
Proper swimming suits are required. Open-toe sandals and belts with buckles are forbidden on fitness equipment.
Child Supervision & Safety
- Children 12 years and younger must be under direct adult supervision when using the facility or participating in a supervised program activity. For their safety, children are not permitted in certain areas of the facility.
- Members under 16 years of age must leave the building by 8:00 pm, unless enrolled & participating in a YMCA program.
- Anyone found not in compliance or acting inappropriately, faces possible suspension of membership privileges and/or membership termination.
Full-Members may register for programs by phone or in person. All Non-Members must register with the Front Desk at the YMCA. Registration takes place on posted dates for each session and is based on availability of space. Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
Code of Conduct
Everyone in the facility needs to understand that the YMCA is dedicated to the welfare of all participants. We strive to promote the YMCA’s core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility in all programs. In order to maintain a consistent and cooperative environment, the management of the YMCA asks members to please:
- Refrain from the use of foul language.
- Avoid inappropriate actions and behaviors.
- Recognize sportsman-like conduct, fair play, and mutual cooperation.
Failure to observe this code may result in a suspension or termination of privileges.
Facility Usage Restrictions
Select areas of our facility may have use restricted to certain age and supervisory requirements. Some hours of operation and areas of the building may be closed to members during YMCA special events.
Food and Beverages
Food & beverages, with the exception of water bottles, are not permitted in workout areas. There are water bottles and other select beverages available for purchase at the Front Desk. Water fountains are located on the 1st floor and Lower Level.
Apply the rules of good sportsmanship at all times. Anyone found excessively using foul language and profanity, playing in a reckless and/or dangerous manner, or abusing the YMCA court or property will be asked to leave and face possible suspension or termination of membership privileges. Always follow specific open gym hours. The court closes 30 minutes before the facility every day.
Health & Fitness Center
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- We strongly recommend that new members take advantage of free fitness orientations in order to reduce the risk of injury while getting the most out of workouts. Please see Health & Wellness Director to schedule an appointment.
- Please wipe perspiration off of equipment after each use. There are paper towels and cleansers readily available for you.
- All equipment should be treated with care. Always use control to raise and lower the equipment and please do not drop or slam weights during use.
- Follow proper protocol when using the strength training circuit. This calls for members to perform one set, then let the next member take a turn on the equipment.
- If there is a problem with any of the equipment, please do not try to fix it yourself. Bring any problems to our staff’s attention.
- Personal Trainers are available for an extra fee. Obtain information from any staff member in the Fitness Center or at the Front Desk.
Locker Rooms & Showers
We provide separate male and female locker rooms which house restroom and shower areas. Children of the opposite gender are not permitted in locker rooms. There are Family Restrooms located by the Fitness Center for members with children who need assistance. Members and their guests must provide their own padlocks for lockers and must remove them when leaving the facility. Locks left on overnight will be removed by Member Services.
Lost and Found
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen property. We suggest using a locker & lock at all times and leaving your valuables at home. Inquire with the Front Desk in the event that you do lose something. Found items are only kept for a brief period of time.
A pre-participation medical check-up is highly recommended before beginning any exercise program. A new member health & fitness evaluation and health history are reviewed with a fitness staff member before the start of any health & fitness program.
This is your YMCA. Make your questions, comments, or concerns known! Stay up to date with our programs, events, and special promotions by signing up for our email list at www.myymca.net or with any of the Front Desk staff.
Refund & Credit Policy
Programs cancelled by the YMCA are refunded 100%. Refunds will not be given to members or non-members due to their lack of participation in a program.
The YMCA of Salem County is a Smoke-Free Environment.
Wherever you travel, there’s sure to be a YMCA nearby. The AWAY program is your key to more than 2,200 YMCAs nationwide. Guest fees and privileges may vary; see Member Services for more information.